Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Dattebayo!



It was 2 weeks ago when I was literally forced to watch this apparently popular anime by my housemate. Frankly I wasn’t in the mood to watch anything at all, I was too angry and upset with myself the way I did in the viva. After I saw my life just crumbled down into nothingness right before my eyes a second after I heard the first question in anatomy station, how could I have any interest in watching cartoon, any cartoon for that matter. But to my mate insistence he politely shuffled himself closer and closer to the dvd player. Pressed the open button and the cd tray slid out. He put on the homemade dvd and pressed the button to shut it. Then he switched the scart adaptor that connected to the dvd. He did this all rather slowly and without looking at me. He knew much to my dismay I wouldn’t get up from the ever so comfy couch of mine, he was so sure that I was too depressed to stop him. There he was clicking the AV button on the tv remote and that was it, I was hooked.

I know that this anime has been around for god knows how long. Never had any interest in it. I remember my younger brother at some points a few years ago was obsessed with it and this was all he kept talking about. He wanted me to take a peep at it but no way, was my answer. I felt like the show was a bit too childish. Then there were a few of my friends who would rather spend the weekends in front of the laptop catching up on the show, hmmm I guess that seemed a bit extreme. Little that I know I am no different to those guys, that I had underestimated them all and surely I underestimated the show too. I am officially a NARUTO fan, a big fan I may add.


I hate to admit it I caught the bug big time and way too late than others. Good for me that my housemate has all the episodes on CDs and that was what I’ve been doing the past week. Naruto episodes, one after another. I become obsessed with it and I swear I can now differentiate the different syllables in nihonggo. I know this might sound a bit too much but this show has so many levels, humors, drama, actions and some good values too. Determination, ambitions, persistence, passion to name a few. I guess I probably looked too much into it for a cartoon but that’s how I feel about it. It’s fun to watch and the stories are quite well told too. The suspense and thrills felt are as real as the non-animated movies. Gosh, how could I miss this?!


Some people find the main character is a bit too annoying while I on the other hand find him very adorable. Naruto is a cute lovable kid, reminds me of my youngest brother. The enthusiasm, the mischief and the energy that he has. What he lacks in knowledges he compensates it in courage and his spirit. Starting out as a lone orphan he made a beautiful and meaningful life his way out of nothing. Never gives up, very strong person indeed. Very inspiring. Anyway I guess that’s enough for my elaborate thought on this anime. The new naruto shipudeen is out and can’t wait for it. I’m anxious on how the story will turn out. gosh never thought I would say that. By the way as the day get closer, I can’t wait that finally I’m coming home............

DATTEBAYO!!!!!