Sunday, May 28, 2006

we will miss you........

It has been quite a while since I wrote anything here, quite eventful weeks indeed I must say these past couple of weeks. Wonderful and happy moments that made us smiling all day and instilled cheerful feelings each time they come across our minds nonetheless a tear jerking moment as we loss one of our dear long time friend or should I say a member of our little family here.

I made myself available in the weekend of May 13th on which day the blood shed tragedy occurred back home in 1969, people remember this day as a black spot in the history of our country. To me not anymore, as I remember it as a very memorable day of the joining of my dearest friends in matrimony, Anelia and Honza Franta. The wedding was in Clonskeagh Mosque in Dublin (I may have spelled the name of the mosque incorrectly) on Saturday, 13th of May 2006 at 2 pm. It was such a wonderful wedding as it was indeed very private, personal yet simple and we were all there even Afiq! in celebration of the union of these 2 lovebirds. However there were a couple of our good friends couldn’t make it to the wedding and they all had a valid excuse not to come, nah if only they could come they would be the first to be there and the wedding would have been merrier by their presence. Everything went well, I enjoyed every second of it and I gotta be one of the witnesses, not intentional but since I had my passport with me and the others had not I won the hot seat. Actually it was an honour to be part of their wedding, thanks guys for letting me be ( as if u guys had a choice hahaha) even though I was probably the last person you would ask for, okay again I was just messing. Again thank you to both of you. The day got even better weather wise, it set everyone’s in a good and festive kinda mood and the little “reception” we had down at the mosque’s restaurant was indeed a happening one. Oh here comes the best part, the wedding cake!!! Oh my god, I wouldn’t believe my eyes when I saw it, it looked really beautiful and very professionally made, well done to the chefs, Syaz and Zariena!! I know you guys went through hell to make it and they were all worth it, the cake was indeed a success. Tasted delicious and juicy actually, this comes from me who isn’t really a fan of cinnamon and fruity type of cake, so it was great.


The photography session outside the mosque was fun, there were pouting pose, jumping and all these weird poses you can imagine. The pictures came out okay though. Later that night we went to a Japanese restaurant in Dublin city for dinner, there were 12 of us left including the bride and groom, the rest had gone back to Cork. The food sucked but the company were brilliant. Syaz, Syed and I got there a bit late as were got lost on the way to the restaurant, funny thing was Syed drove us there and he practically a Dublin native since he lives there for the past 9 years ironically still managed to get lost. I know I’m gonna be harmed for this statement, sorry Syed as a consolation you have such an awesome apartment the best yet I’ve known among Malaysian and great hospitality. There I paid my due. It was a good night and the newlyweds were blushing when we left the restaurant as we all made fun of them, we made quite a scene really hahahahaha. Here I would like to wish to both of you Lia and Honza all the best and all the everlasting happiness and joy both of you are going to embark together as well as success in life and careers. Also wish you beautiful, smart and afiq-like friendly kids to you guys too. Well sure you know this, you guys actually perfect for each other, kinda freaked me a bit when I found out how you guys have so much in common and you Honza has such great patience! hahahahahaha. I am truly happy for you guys, to the bride and the groom, Anelia and Honza!!!!! Cheers (tisu, tisu……. mana tisu)


Damn I thought I wanna do this in chronological order as it happened, I just skipped the birth of Alynna Natrah Faisal. Maybe Ema’s curse on me starting to take its effect for making fun of her too much. Afiq’s little sister was born on May the 11th at 10:30 am in Erinville Hospital. She is just the sweetest and cutest little baby, this time Sri’s winning, I think she looks more like her mommy than her daddy especially her nose. Regardless she is one beautiful and good baby doesn’t cry much maybe not to her parents though, she’s gonna be as good as her brother I bet. Congratulations once again to you Abe, Sri and Afiq!!!!

With all these good things that been happening, i was so grateful to god for the blessings however life can be so cruel at times. As we were celebrating the wedding and the arrival of our new additional member we were the saddened by Syaz’s return to Malaysia for good. Circumstances can be a bitch most of the times, for some reasons he has to come back for his own good future. Honestly of all people I admit I probably will miss him and feel his lost the most as I had been quite dependant to him as my confidant, my cook and source of laughter, he is quite a comedian I must say. My housemate for 6 years and close friend for all of this time I’ll be lying if I don’t feel anything with his departure. He is such a good friend, very obliging, kind-hearted, fun, lively, talented, smart, self-sufficient (he likes to take this quality for granted though) and everyone easily get close to him even in such a short period as he is the most accommodative person you would ever met. Everyone here loves him and misses him. As much as we would love him to stick around his future is waiting back home, knowing him he could survive any obstacles in his path, knowing him he would have many success to come and knowing him he will discover later that going home is the best decision he ever made so far. He has our blessings for leaving us and Syaz, we all here for you if you need anything and though you far away you are very close to our hearts. We wish you all the best with your fresh start and sure we will meet you again, and you know what we’re looking forward to it already. (tisu, tisu ……mana tisu!!!!)