Sunday, November 05, 2006

Untitled


Yeah they share the same alpha globulin but deferred in their beta globulin… huh? … You know the Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) and the Beta HCG… so?... well severe hypothyroidism can cause excessive emesis… so?.... in sudden surge of BHCG it can mimic that effect, causing hyperemesis . So the chosen 1% of BHCG positive (ie pregnant woman) can experience the excessive nausea and vomiting from the surge of this hormone until it plateau around (and I mean around the clock!) after first trimester (yeah right!!!!), or 14 weeks, or 18 weeks, OR the whole 40 weeks of pregnancy (wuuhoooo just the thing I wanna know!)


This is my ever so scarce literature contribution in this space. But I actually do have a lot to tell. Im sure most of you knew, that I was ‘out-of-commission’ for 7 weeks. Half of that time spent in front of either a sink or a toilet bowl throwing my empty guts out. Ohh yes, and include a full week hours being admitted as a patient in my place of work. Hugely embarrassing! Now all my colleagues, from the consultants to the porters and security guys are in the know. Well it turns out kinda sweet coz I notice people are gallantly nicer at work (including the midwives hehehe).

Alhamdulillah menjelang hari raya, aku beransur pulih ( sikit jer) tapi bulehlah dgn pertolongan Mas Irfan Jaya (pelajar tahun akhir di Cork) aku buat ketupat palas (thank you ibu/ayah), lodeh and kemas2 rumah. Nasiblah kawan2 aku yang baik hati semuanya buat pot luck datang rumah aku ( Sri buat kuah kacang yang kemudian aku spoilkan, sorrylah Sri, betul2 tak sengaja, Ajee/K toh buat rendang, Lia/Zarrie Anne/Wawa buat meehoon utk 50 org agaknya). Kira Aidilfitri 2006 aku bestlah juga walaupun dah start kerja balik. Taklah sedih sgt cam Paan, tapi aku dah puas sedih kot sebelum tu heheheheh.

The next weekend, I went to Limerick (takut juga ada projectile event dlm kereta, tapi alhamdulillah ok besides a few very dodgy moments). Hmm, I would really like to announce, aku first time main pool (kat rumah Fahd) and guess what? Aku menang! Tak percaya aku, takpalah pada sapa2 yg tak puas hati tu, nanti kita re-match ya! Excited aku pada suatu hari minggu yang indah tu, aku terjumpa sayur kangkung kat Asia Market Limerick! Ohhh bestnyer… terasa nak makan nasi lemak dgn sayur kangkung. Paan pun melayan aku pergi bershopping (sebab Paan pun dah lama tak makan nasi). Bertuah aku ngan Mosh dapat makan kat rumah Paan sambil tgk citer Mistress of Spice…..layann

I really want to use this space to thank Aji/Kak Toh/Uncle/SriAbe/Lia/Zarrie Anne/Ee/Ariri for all the cooking you guys did for me and Mosh during those trying times. Tak taulah aku nak makan apa kalau korang takda. Paan, Ema, Shaz and Mas… thank you for your supportive msgs and tolong2 aku. Im on the mend right now Alhamdulillah. Hopefully I’ll regain my appetite fully to regain the 7 kgs I lost (even in my crunchest diet I didn’t achieve that! Errrr aku pernah ke diet? Anyway…). AND of course to dearest Mosh, thank you for all the cooking, then holding my hair afterwards while my stomach rejected it, and for fixing a hot drink, for semi-forcing me to Erinville and generally being patient and supportive through the ordeal. #