Monday, February 13, 2006

isteri si pengembara masa


never before i read a romance or love storybook but this one really hit me as one of the best written book i ever read. started off as 2 of my friends who actually kept going on and on talking how good and touching the story was. i finally gave in and borrowed the book from Mas who expectantly one of those 2 book fans. just wanted to see what the hype was about but it wasn't until 3 weeks after i borrowed the book that i started reading it. i was locked outside abe and sri's house this one fine thursday afternoon right after we said our goodbyes to Ema who was going home that very day. i was in my own car by myself while the rest of the guys in Sri's and thought we wanted to go downtown. unfortunately my phone battery went dead which was quite unusual i must say to happen to me. so as i don't remember any of those guys' number except leia and syaz, well syaz's phone doesn't really count as it is as if almost cease to function or even exist, i decided to wait for those people at Sri's house. i mean outside the house since i was thinking they will be coming back home soon anyway. i went across to Aji and Uncle's place in case they're home at least i can get quite a protection from the cold weather, talking about bad luck, they were also out. left me no choice but to stay in my own car. to kill the time while i was in my car, shivering in the cold i saw the book i was talking about earlier. might as well i read it rather than feeling sorry for myself on how today was such a bad day for me. 'TIME TRAVELLER'S WIFE' written on the cover, somehow it gave me the impression that it was based on the 50's. little that i know that in the next few days i was hooked on this storybook, worse than when i saw the korean drama siries 'ONLY YOU'. for some reasons after i read the first paragraph i was practically spellbound by the words and style of the storytelling. this Audrey lady whose last name i could never pronounce nor memorise the spelling is such a great writer. her writing was so captivating and the story was even better. i could feel the joy, the suffering, the pain, the magic and dilemma these 2 main characters had to go through all their lives. maybe my overly imaginative mind had made this more lively than others who read the book could imagine nevertheless i'm glad that my mind did that. it was a story about life built on true love with a little sci-fi thrown in it, although it involved different time periods, places and different ages of same person somehow never that i feel confused while reading it.in my humble opinion to say the story was good is such an understatement, to me it was an excellent story written in the best possible way of telling the tale, having said that i'm neither a book critic nor good at judging anything at all. for once it changed my view that love story is just for chicks and sentimental dreamers then again this is not just an ordinary love story. wish i had the book with me as a few lines i like to quote. right now as some knows that they're making a movie out of this book, i just hope it does the novel justice ........... although i said i didn't cry at the end of the book, i didn't lie indeed, i was just a bit tearful