Thursday, June 22, 2006

when i think it's all over.....

now, i know you guys couldn't stand at reading on one more entry from me in this blog ( as if i care ) i just couldn't help it. it was really bad to an extent i was thinking what i was going to write about in the blog today while walking down the stairs in this place. surely i'm officially blog-infected at this stage.

after been awake for the whole night last night, well actually not the whole night i managed to get an hour sleep give or take and interrupted in between, this morning i became really manic. was really excited that i finally done with the call and the thought of going home later just made me elated, truly hyper like a surge of energy blasted through me from out of no where. so the round was pretty hectic and quick, rushing from one bed to another. i really don't like that coz it made me all confused and got all the patient mixed up. i almost told my boss a 21 year old girl who actually suspected appendicitis, came in with possible diverticular abscess instead, which is true for another patient whose age was 83. damn it made me looks incompentent!!!! well i noticed it rather early and nobody actually paid any attention since i had pressure of speech this morning, holy crap i never know i can speak that fast. don't ask me what was the speed put it this way, it really sound like i was talking with my mouth full like abe always teased me with. in another word i was just mumbling, what the hell was wrong with me?!!

soon after we finished the round my intern for some reasons being really kind , anothe peculiar thing that happened today, wanted to hold my bleep so i can get some sleep for a few hours, i did jump into the opportunity and managed to only an hour coz i was so anxious that maybe people were looking for me etc. the usual stuff. got up and went to do some chart digging for the audit, me! me!? a locum, lending my hands for good cause, my ass the truth is honestly i have the inability to say NO, hence there i was in medical records going through some charts that took me 20 minutes to finish 3 pages. well doctors' handwriting are actually encrypted and not all people could decode those writings, what perceived as illegible in fact a code that only other doctors could understand ( yeah right! pride o pride) . anyway i was on my way to radiology department after that thinking i might get some verbal reports on some of my new admissions last night only to run into my boss, shit!!! trauma case!!! guess what we had to go to theatre urgently. WHAT!!!!! i can't believe this i thought everything's gonna chill down a bit this morning but it was the opposite. we scrubbed in at 1400 hrs and finished at 1730 hrs. all the manic and elation were gone insted fatigue and irritable took place. on top of that before theatre started, i went to crossmatch 6 units of bloods and everyone was rushing in total drama and chaos!!! like a scene in ER, i swear to god it was like in ER. we were rushing to theatre, me and my team but i had to send the request form for the blood first. there i was heading to the chute to send it but a place where it usually fills with canisters, and if there were only few canisters in the world THAT would the first and only place they would keep them, were empty, nadah. what in the world?! then i was practically begging the labs to send just one to me but they either up to their eyeballs busy or simply no answer, i tried the wards instead the same happened. i had no other choice but to run across the building to tha lab delivered it myself. i ran back up to the theatre to find that the patient hadn't arrive at OT and met my reg who believed that i was the one who was going to accompany the patient on transit, SHIT!! then i ran down to x-ray mind you theatre is at the 8th floor and x-ray is at 3rd. hungry, thirsty, tired, sleepy and annoyed all in one made me cursing away on every single steps i set my foot on. once there, the nurse told me that the patient just after arriving in theatre. ok now i'm officially pissed i had to go up again and fast. finally i reached theatre but i can't do anything but to make sure i could breath on my own. thought i was really fit!!! hate this self-discovery!! turns out that there were no major trauma before in past few months but 2 cases in which i was there working when it happened and i scrubbed for it. what are the odds?! at least i had enough exercise that could last me a month. now i'm heading home, at last! get something to eat and shower and sleep!!! can't wait for tomorrow, yaiy!!!