Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Reunion April 2008 Part 2

So initially plan nya once we are back in KL after that wedding Syaz nak masak2 kat rumah Sri kat Ampang....all of us kumpul dari rumah Mas ke rumah Sri but Mas can't attend la....with Paan nak tgk konsert, Ema nak kena balik pasal nak kerja and study (Ema lagi rajin banding masa student dulu ko tau!) so it was deferred to a later date sometime the same week la....
Last2 it was agreed to have this special 'reunion' dinner Wednesday 30/4 as the day after 1/5 is a public holiday...Hari Buruh/Pekerja.....so kononnya bolehla lepak2 lambat...
So Syaz pon datangla around 12 noon to Ampang...beli2 barang nak masak....dia nak masak seafood...and start la masak lepas Zuhur....Mas datang dari Melaka bawak kereta....Ema and Paan also came...Kak Toh unfortunately has gone back to Chini as she has to prepare for her relative's wedding....so after the usual sesat nak sampai ke rumah Sri ni...Mas sampai ke masjid mana ntah...padahal nearest mosque dari rumah Sri ni adala dekat2 1 km kot...Ema dah 2-3 kali datang pon nak kena kasi direction...Paan boleh tahan for his IQ...sampaila jugak dia...
Anyway we started to eat around 9pm....Menu:

1) Nasi putih
2) Ketam masak ape ntah....tapi sedap
3) Badan Ketam tapi isi telur masak ape ntah....lagi sedap
4) Ikan Masak Sambal....kot....tapi sedap yg amat....
5) Udang Masak Tepung tapi ade campur ape ntah....PALING sedap
6) Sayur....semua hijau and karot...

Semua licin kecuali sayur yg tukang masak abihkan....sorryla takde gambar...nasib baik takde...mana yg baca and then kalau tgk gambar mau mimpi2 kang...Pastu dessert Homemade Tiramisu and tembikai.....
Last sekali kopi nespresso Sri.....yg last ni byk kali last.....pastu lepak2 minum air sirap manis, kurang manis....kiranya last2 ni semuanya minum air sampai kembung....
Macam mana pon it was once of the best meal I had since coming back home....or since Syaz left Cork.....not to insult those yg buat2 makan after Syaz left...but not in terms of rasa...but the atmosphere...the anticipation...lama dah tak rasa...bau masak tu dari Asar lagi...tak sabar2 dibuatnya aku...dahla org2 ni sesat!...heheheh..next time no excuse eh...
We ate and talked like the old days....Unfortunately for Ema she has to go back as she's going to work the following day...and she needs to study...exam in a weeks time...kesian...Ema think hard about your future....don't only think about your job...think bigger...think about your life...what you want to achieve and how you want to achieve it....not your career...your life as a whole...I seriously think if you continue to live like this for the next 2 years....I doubt you will be the same person I knew 2-3 years ago....but hey it is your life and you're a big girl...you know what you want and what you can handle so think wisely....
Entahla aku ni pon kerja pon takde sedap aje bagi nasihat kat org....if it was me what would I do?...I don't know...I guess different ppl has different 'boiling' point....As long as I can spend time with my family, I can raise my children adequately and have enough to sustain them and hopefully adela lebih2 sikit nak berjalan2 or leisure....cukupla...the problem is when is enough is enough...tak pernahnya cukup...ade keta ni nak keta besar lagi...ade rumah apartment nak rumah teres....and then banglo...well that bring us back to 'wasathiyyah'....kesederhanaan...
Bersyukur dgn ape yg ada....I think I learn that the hard way since coming back....From having a house, 2 cars and a well-paid job...now I move between my in law and parents house, borrow my brother's car as he is in Sudan and unemployed......now I know what it is important in life....if my wife was a demanding person which she never was (kembangla tu) sure pening kepala aku...
So learn to appreciate what you have as God may take over in a second....then you know what you are missing....prioritize what you want/achieve....nothing is easy...and the harder you have to try to get something the more you appreciate it...but again nothing is more important than what is the most important for you and in this case for me it is my family.....If what I want to achieve makes me grow apart from my family I definitely would change what I want....but thats me....so ask yourself what you want the most....some ppl can handle the pressure some ppl can't....is the mean worth the result? Only you know the answer to that....Enough of this lets move on shall we?
So Ema left quite early for our standard...pukul berapa ha ko blah Ema? Dalam 11-12 kot...aku tak ingat but I know Syaz, Mas and Pa'an left around 4 am....we talked, drink, watched TV, making stupid jokes (thats Paan of course) the usual hooha like we always did back in Ireland..it was nice.....I'm sure all of us haven't had such time since Ireland days so to have day (or rather night) like this was welcoming....Paan and Syaz saw musang kat atas atap which has been living in one of our neighbour's roof for quite some time...nasib baik si Syaz tak menjerit pasalnya dahla tengah malam....but he did almost scream or a shriek rather as he tried on foot massager....alaa menda yg kat semua mall ade...tempat duduk kulit yg buleh massage tapi ni kaki sahaja....Not only Syaz, Mas and Paan pon menjerit macam jumpa hantu...then tgk Akademi Fantasia la.....last2 tgk music video...biasala kalau Pa'an pegang remote....That was the night nothing really special that we did but for us (at least for me) it was something special....
I don't know when would be the next 'meal' but I hope this would not be the last. However I won't be holding my breath as Pa'an is going to UM (7 days a week working hours), Syaz will be entering his clinical years (ade on-call tu!), Ema sekarang pon susah nak jumpa lagi kan nanti (takkan makin naik year makin relax kot ntahla), Mas ntah ke mana....sekejap nak balik sekejap nak ke Australia...mana2 la ko Mas and me ntah2 dah kerja nak jumpak Sri pon kena buat appointment as Sri pon nak kerja jugak...intern plak tu!
But it never hurts to hope and hope for the best and I really2 hope that the next meal would be at our new home and I am not jobless!