Monday, January 23, 2006

a weekend in tralee



What can I say, I just had a great time over the weekend in tralee. A good entertainment , company and good foods (I must say) by excellent hosts – so E and ariri, looking forward to the next one hahahahaha. Despite the trip back and fro, my goodness, the road!!!! (When I thought it can’t be any worse) it all worth it at the end. My company I travelled with and moi reached tralee at noon, just perfect timing for lunch and since we never been to the house, ariri had to pick us up. Where else could be the meeting point but the hospital, besides that’s the only place that I know in tralee. Damn!!! the hospital’s admin might have known this meeting point business goin on under their noses and clever enough to charge anyone who uses the parking space. Whatever happens to generosity and selflessness in people these days?! Hell I will not pay for the parking so we just have to adapt and be a little Irish (lil bit more than usual) – park and wait on the double line…….shit I live here long enough they hardly noticed I’m foreign anymore and we in Kerry for god’s sake!!! Ariri came and we headed to his house and collecting asyik and co. on the way.
At the house, nice one by the way, vely flesh woo, nasi dagang was on the table. Perfect!!!! We jumped straight into the opportunity to stuff our stomachs. Boyoboy what a dish!! I’m not that familiar with this kinda meal as I’m from the beautiful and thriving state of Johor. However I managed to finish 3 plates at one seating, no wonder my weight keep going up, damn appetite!!!! I didn’t sit for just one round my friend. Good food.
That very night I thought we were going to the movies as I was saying the last time I ever went to the movies was, bila ek? Maybe 4 weeks ago, narnia and whatever with the lion and the thingy, lots of options of movies to see for late shows. Guess what, we didn’t go……..as usual and we ended up singing karaoke till maybe 1 or 2 am. How could I say no to karaoke, just not strong enough. Good laugh, enjoyed every second of it, we layan sudirman and m nasir songs, surprisingly I know quite a few of the talented late sudirman’s songs, just never realized it, simple words but meaningful. We had the most fun I guess when we sang hoore, hoore. Brought back memories when we were just a bunch of 7 or 8 years old back in the good ole 80’s. shit we’re old!! Before that we watched siti nurhaliza’s concert in royal albert hall in London, damn that girl can sing!!!!! But she kinda holding back during the show, well maybe it would be different if I was there to see the live performance, but have I said that girl can really sing!!!! And pretty too. I fell in love with one of her songs apparently it WAS a hit back home I don’t know a few years ago, entitled “percayalah”, good melody and the way she sang it, so easy and effortlessly but her voice just captivating….this song kept playing over and over and over and over again a few more times in my head since last night even as we speak. Haunted by the song but I don’t mind siti , for you whateva…………percayalah (hahahahaha) I mean it though
The next morning, or noon rather I woke up, after a very exhausting night. I was surprised that syaz, ct k and mosh actually went jogging, for 5 km!!! man they were really motivated, it was a good day anyway. Where was I? on the couch sleeping in my shirt and khaki’s pants which by the way torn and exposing my right butt, thank god I decided to where something underneath the pants hahahaha. Had fried rice for breakfast and from that point on, I didn’t think we ever stop eating since then. To make thing worse I mean the eating part, we got hooked up on this Korean siries - only you. It’s annoyingly addictive, it’s a love story between a chef and

restaurateur so it has lots of foods in it particularly pasta (Italian restaurant). Go figure, we had pasta for dinner and fried chicken ala KFC. (nice one ariri –mintak resepi kau). I don’t even remember how many times I had to go the little boy’s room to make space for other incoming batches of foods. We managed to see 9 out 16 cds, each runs for about 60 minutes on average, pretty good eh? Took a break for another session of talent show-off ie karaoke in between the cds then left for cork at 2300 hrs. but not before we went wild with taking our picture outside the house, what a commotion!!! Felt the weekend just swiftly flew right in front of us. Although we stayed indoor most of the time except for the athletic 3, I enjoyed it very much. Well it would be much better if leia and honza could make it, wish that she had. So I’m sure I will get so much of this “mak datuk panjangnyer” or “ dia tulis takder comma or full stop macam bila dia cakap” later, anyway I just like to thank the academy for…..berangan ler tu, seriously thanks ariri and E for the great weekend and guys yg datang, really good company, and leia, sure we’re gonna plenty more event like these in the future.