Monday, September 04, 2006

after london and another goodbye



Yip, I finally managed to get my entry posted in this blog, I mean the London trip entry. You had no idea how painful it was when you typed everything and uploaded some pictures just to find out it all gone in a split second after you hit the publish entry icon due to some stupid server gone wacko again
“that’s it! I had enough with this crap” so I said to myself and simply turn off the computer, sulking. It’s funny though that later that day I saw my computer sat on the bed in it’s off state and I had this feeling as if it called me to blog again. As usual not having any strong willpower I gave in and blogged again. Human, never learns the lesson.

After coming back from London, to my beloved cassa and bed, how glad I was to finally be at home again. Nevertheless I missed the fun and the hectic moments we had. If London was alcohol I would’ve been ventilated in ICU for the worst DT. Yeah it was that bad. Not that I appreciate the calmness and silence after all the hustle and bustle Ema and Mas had caused, as well as London, the city that seem to never has its rest. I craved for company. Boy I swear I could hear voices in the house, ain’t a good sign at all. Thought I was going ga-ga but turned out it was my next door neighbour had a little party next door. Phew! What a relief.

Mas has gone back for the next 2 months at least and the fact that Ema would follow suit in a few weeks only this time she won’t be coming back made me realized how things would completely change. With the thought I decided it would be better for me to spend some time down in Cork besides I got no job lined up for me anyway. I came to Cork and stayed there for almost 10 days I think, the details a bit blurry to me. Felt like everyday was Sunday, I lodged at Uncle and Agee’s, E and Ariri’s, Abe and Sri’s as well as CT and Mosh’s houses, not in that order by the way. It was more fun as it turned out that E was on her a week break and so did CT the week after that. We got to spend time together and helped out Ema packed her stuff. Not that I helped a lot since she got everything covered according to her but as you probably have known, Ema. Something bound to happen. I was right, when we were in the movies to see Cars, the animated movie, she just realized that it was Wednesday and she had one more day left before all her stuff would be collected for shipping. All along she thought it was Tuesday and she hadn’t completely packed everything. Poor girl she didn’t go anywhere the next day tried to get things done and eventually she did with a little help from us.

The weekend before that, we had Afiq’s second birthday celebration. This year his turning 2 was a bit earlier than usual owing to Ema’s departure the weekend after. Lia and Honza left on the same day as Ema for their wedding reception at home, another reason to push the party earlier while important people were still around. We had so many parties in the past months and this one was no different. Lots of foods and familiar faces and kids only this time there were too many kids around. Gosh they were everywhere, scared to move around with fear I might step over them. Well it wasn’t that bad at all but it was bad when they start crying. That was the time I was really, really glad that I have no kids of my own, don’t get me wrong I love kids but not so much when they were too many of them around and turn into these mischievous and can’t-stay-still-for –a- second kinda rascal creatures. nevertheless they were the essence of that party. The birthday boy was tired and sleepy when it came to blowing his candles, other kids were happy enough to take his place instead. During the presents opening later that afternoon, it seemed like the adults were more excited than afiq himself especially Lia J admit it! Well I too was excited probably for lack of this kinda stuff when I was a kid myself. the fact that afiq preferred The Incredibles DVD which was my gift by the way had made my day.


On the very same evening we threw a little farewell party for Ema, another surprise farewell party. Yeah she seemed surprised alright and I could see some tears welled from some eyes just that they weren’t mine. There were a lot of silence I noticed. I felt like it was yesterday we were at the very same spot preparing for our goodbyes to Syaz. This time another farewell to one person that fairly to say had been the centre in a lot of our conversations, not all of them bad most of them entertaining J as well as the glue that keep us together in most occasions. This is true as I feel after she left, Cork suddenly a little bare of fun. The thing is that the most lively persons to me in Cork were gone, yes they are Syaz and Ema. It was ironic how fate made them both leaving us in such a short time in between them that I felt like they left at the same time. I for once haven’t recovered from the first grieving and now I have another one waiting in line. Life can be really cruel sometime. Well that just me being selfish. Life goes on, we meet, we befriend, we laugh, we cry then we apart. A typical cycle in life, so I kept telling myself.


In exactly a week after that, pretty much the same faces as in the week before at the party came together at the airport to bid our farewell to Ema. Thankfully Lia and Honza were on the same plane as her which certainly helped the situation. At least she had company all the way home. Honestly it déjà vu all over again to me. I was sad, yes losing a close friend who isn’t? Besides this wasn’t the end of everything, with the advent of communication technology, we run out of excuses not to keep in touch unless of course you run out call credit or internet server is down. Watching them left made me anxious for my turn to step over the threshold to the departure lounge. What would I feel knowing that I have a one way ticket in my hand, after a decade of living my life away from home and now I’m coming back for good. It scary as it is exciting. New life, new beginning, gosh I can’t wait. Until then I hope the guys that preceded me found the better life than here and I can’t wait to meet them and hang out again like old times.